• The City of Berthoud won a Best New Design Award from the Colorado Parks and Recreation Association (CPRA) Columbine Awards for the Berthoud Recreation Center at Waggener Farm Park. The facility was designed by Barker Rinker Seacat Architecture.
• ECI Site Construction Management Inc. announced that it raised more than $28,000 for the Aims Community College Foundation’s ECI Construction Trades Scholarship at its fourth annual golf tournament on September 30th.
• High Hops, 6461 Colo. 392, Windsor, has brewed a new beer, Open Space & Trail Ale, to raise awareness of the city’s open space sales tax bill initiative 3F.
• Mountain Valley Bank announced that it has completed the acquisition of Cache Bank & Trust, acquiring all deposit, loan and full-service locations located in Greeley and Fort Collins.
• At a National Coffee Day fundraiser on September 29, Human Bean Northern Colorado raised $2,376.09 for two local animal shelters, Animal Friends Alliance and Weld County Humane Society, giving each shelter $1,188.05.
• L&W Supply, a national distributor of interior building materials and building supplies, has promoted Shayne Bastian to branch manager of the L&W Supply Fort Collins location. As Branch Manager, she will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the branch, cultivating customer relationships, mentoring associates, and executing the growth and profitability of the branch.
• Fort Collins Foodie Walk, 5-8 pm on Friday, October 21. Ten participating companies from the center will commemorate a 10th anniversary event. Fort Collins Foodie Walk is a year-round self-guided walking tour that kicks off the third Friday of every month, with tasting opportunities at each participating business.
• Coffee for a Cure, Friday, October 21. Human Bean’s 10 drive-through locations in northern Colorado will donate 100% of sales to care for breast cancer and all cancer patients at local Banner and UCHealth facilities. For locations, visit humanbeannortherncolorado.com.
Send us your business news
The Reporter-Herald strives to include newsworthy business summaries for its readers every Sunday. The focus of the trade briefs is on Northern Colorado businesses, not trade promotions.
Items we consider for writing include:
• New business.
• Transfers of companies.
• Company closures.
• New contracts.
• Anniversaries (divisible by five).
• Fusions and acquisitions.
• New owners, employees or employee promotions.
• Manufacture of new products.
• Business organization meetings, workshops, seminars, or classes for networking or education.
• Open houses related to newsworthy events (new business, anniversary, new owners, renovations, new management, etc.).
• Awards or other recognition.
• Donations to charities.
Press releases are welcome. The Reporter-Herald reserves the right to edit information submitted for publication. Photographs of people involved in the event are welcome, but publication is not guaranteed.
The information must be submitted before noon on Wednesday for publication in the commercial section of the following Sunday. Information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact the Reporter-Herald newsroom, 970-635-3636, email@example.com.