The Iranian UN mission issued a statement on October 12 to clarify the country’s position on the situation in Ukraine.
The statement is as follows:
In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful;
1. Since the beginning of the crisis in Ukraine, the Islamic Republic of Iran has taken a clear, consistent and unwavering position, emphasizing that all UN Member States must fully respect the purposes and principles enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations as well as international standards. right, including sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity.
2. As a country that has been confronted with and affected by the devastation caused by an imposed war, the Islamic Republic of Iran is opposed to any conflict or war anywhere in the world.
3. The Islamic Republic of Iran has always supported peace and ended the conflict in Ukraine and urged the parties to exercise restraint, avoid escalating tensions and engage in a meaningful process to address the root causes of the situation and resolve their disputes by peaceful means. . He also urged the parties to abide by their obligations under international humanitarian law and consult to protect civilians and critical infrastructure from military targets or attacks.
4. At the same time, the Islamic Republic of Iran has also rejected any political isolation, unilateral sanctions or pressure, as well as any provocative measures that would only aggravate the situation and hinder a peaceful solution. Similarly, the West’s extensive military support for Ukraine could not be intended to end the war, but rather to intensify the conflict and increase damage and destruction.
5. The Islamic Republic of Iran supports the ongoing efforts of the United Nations to find a peaceful solution to this conflict. The United Nations must maintain objectivity and impartiality in order to play a responsible and constructive role in the political settlement of the Ukraine conflict. Any action taken by the United Nations must be truly conducive to defusing the situation and resolving the conflict, rather than escalating the conflict and exacerbating the confrontation.
6. The Islamic Republic of Iran categorically rejects and strongly condemns the baseless and baseless claims that it sold unmanned aerial vehicles for use in the Ukraine conflict. Such baseless claims, which are based solely on false flags and fabricated assumptions, are nothing more than a propaganda device launched by certain states to promote their political agenda. In this regard, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran, in good faith and in accordance with its constructive approach towards the crisis in Ukraine, is ready to constructively engage in joint technical and expert cooperation to clarify the baseless accusations made against Iran.
7. The Islamic Republic of Iran stresses that all its arms exports have been made in full compliance with its relevant commitments under international law and applicable rules and regulations governing the international trade in conventional arms.
8. The Islamic Republic of Iran will continue its constructive engagement to assist in the peaceful resolution of this crisis.